Presenting Nepal Photo Competition
Organized by Athot Nepal
Theme: Culture | Lifestyle | Nature | Wildlife
1 July, 2022 | 17 Ashar, 2079
Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal
1 July, 2022 | 17 Ashar, 2079
31 July 2022 | 15 Shrawan 2079
Photo Selection & Judgement:
After the submission deadline. Submitted photos will be selected and sent to judgement to our judges.
Mr. Jagadish Tiwari – Senior Landscape Photographer
Mr. Rajendra Baniya – Senior Nepali Journalist, Himalayan TV, News Chief and Presenter – Yaksha Prashna
Mrs. Nandini Lahe Thapa – Director, Tourism Marketing and Promotion at Nepal Tourism Board
Mr. Manoj Kumar Gyawali – Dy. Chief Executive Officer, Nabil Bank Limited
Mr. Bharat Bandhu Thapa – Nature Photographer (Photobanknepal.com)
About the candidates:
Competition is open to every Nepali citizens.
- Photos submitted should fall under the following categories i.e. Culture, Lifestyle, Nature & Wildlife.
- Photos related to Nepal and Nepalese society will only be accepted.
- Photos submitted should not be older than five years. That means photos taken before July 2017 is not allowed to enter competition.
- Photos submitted should not have been used commercially.
- Photos submitted should not have been shared to any other media platforms either digital or physical. i.e social media, websites, magazines etc. Photos should not have made any public appearance before & until the end of the competition.
- Photos that has been submitted to other competition are allowed but those photos should not be winning photos.
- Photos that has been taken from any devices are accepted in the competition. i.e. DSLR, SLR, Mobile, Drone etc.
- Submitted photos must not violate the privacy rights of any of the subjects featured in the photo.
- Submitted photos should be of the photographers own creation. We wont be responsible for any of the copyright/intellectual property rights claims.
- Color correction and general editing is allowed. Manipulation and computer generated images are not allowed to enter the competition. Stitching of multiple images for a panoramic image is accepted but has to be mentioned in description. Still images from the video screenshots are not accepted. Provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Submitted photos should not contain violence, sex, or defemination of any individuals or organizations. If found will be disqualified instantly.
All images should be digital files. The dimension of the photo not less than 5400/3600 pixel (the wider side), 300 dpi and a file size of 1 MB minimum. The photo should be in jpg/jpeg file format.
All submitted photographs must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Photos must be submitted before deadline. i.e. 31 July 2022 | 15 Shrawan 2079 , Till 11:59 PM
Right & Ownership
- Photographer holds complete rights of their photographs.
- Organizer, sponsor and supporter will have usage rights of the photographs submitted for the competition for five years. Only winning photographs and the selected 53 photos will be put on exhibition in all 7 province of Nepal.
- Winners and Selected photographers may be asked to take part in publicity activities.
- The 4 winning photographs and the selected 49 photographs will be shown in the exhibition both domestics and internationally.
- Photos for the exhibition will be selected from the 4 winning photos and other 49 photos will be selected from the 7 best photos from each 7 province.
- If any controversy arises during competition, the decision made by the organizing committee will be final.
- Participant shall provide high resolution image for the print material (large size photo, book, & exhibition) after the completion of judging.
Selection of Winner
- Winner will be announced on 2 September, 2022
- One winner will be selected from each category i.e. Culture | Lifestyle | Nature | Wildlife
- Winners will be rewarded with Rs. 50,000 cash prize on each four category. There will be total of 4 category winners.
- One winner will be selected from each four category winner as a overall competition winner and will be rewarded with Shey Phoksundo Lake photography tour package which is worth Rs. 75,000 on top of category winner cash prize. (i.e. Competition winner will be rewarded with Rs.50,000 + Shey Phoksundo Lake Photography Tour Package)
- If the winner is found violating any of the rules above even after the competition ends, They will still be guilty of the action. The organizing committee can take serious action and even confiscate the prize.
How to Upload your photo for the competition?
- Visit Presentingnepal.com
- Click on the ” Submit Your Photo ” On the top right corner of the screen.
- You will land to the Photo competition page. where you will see all the details regarding the competition.
- After you go through entire details you will see ” Upload Your Photo “ button on the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to the new page where you will required to sign in to your gmail account if you are not logged in. If you are logged in you will be directly redirected to the photo upload form.
- Fill in the required details and submit your form. Only 1 photo per form is allowed. If you are uploading multiple photos then you have to repeat the process.
Feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries regarding the events,
E-Mail: Info@presentingnepal.com, Athotnepal@gmail.com